This Year in Research
Updated: Jul 31
- Fresh from the press: We have a new publication comparing the performance of cement-based materials with different supplementary admixtures processed from inorganic and organic waste streams. You will find the full text here (valid for 50 days). https://authors.elsevier.com/a/1fUii3O1E1Qf46
- We have a new publication in the Journal of Construction and Building Materials, where we explored carbon sequestration in engineered foamed mortar of different densities and its effect on physical properties. The publication can be read here:
- January 2022: Hearty welcome to Mr. Pitabash Sahoo who joined MatERIAL group as a PhD candidate.
- January 2022: Hearty welcome to Mr. Vardhaman Lunawat Manoj, our new PhD candidate who will be co-supervised by Dr. Souradeep Gupta.
- January 2022: MatERIAL Group has a new publication:
Comparison of improved autogenous and bio-based self-healing techniques in fiber-reinforced mortar: Effect of bacteria incorporation strategy and fiber hybridization - ScienceDirect in Journal of Building Engineering (IF = 5.31)
- December 2021: Dr. Souradeep Gupta has delivered an invited lecture at the Ruby Jubilee Lecture Series organized by IIT Roorkee. The lecture focused on biochar production, engineering and application in building materials
- Dr. Souradeep Gupta delivered a keynote lecture at International Conference on Structures, Material and Construction 2021(ICSMC). The abstract of the talk can be read here.
- MatERIAL Group leader, Dr. Souradeep Gupta, has published a journal article in collaboration with Prof. Jean Marc Tulliani from Politecnico Di Torino and Prof. Kua Harn Wei from National University of Singapore. The article titled "Carbonaceous admixtures in cementitious building materials: Effect of particle size blending on rheology, packing, early age properties and processing energy demand" has been published in The Science of Total Environment (IF = 7.96).